Celebrating holidays with friends and family can be fun, and the Fourth of July is no exception. Here are seven tips pregnant women should remember as they celebrate:
- Don’t stuff yourself with food. Remember, digestion slows down during pregnancy.
- Do not swim in fresh water to avoid parasites
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Drink plenty of fluids and come in from the hot sun if you feel dizzy or short of breath5.Â Â Â Â Â Â Avoid inhaling smoke from a grill
- 7.Â Â Â Â Â Â Enjoy your day with friends and family. When your happy, your unborn baby is happy too!
- 6.Â Â Â Â Â Â Avoid direct exposure to loud fireworks. Sound travels through your body and reach your baby. According toÂ CDC, exposure to loud noises could potentially damage your unborn babyâ€™s hearing.
- 4.Â Â Â Â Â Â Make certain all grilled food is well cooked before eating.
Follow Dr. Linda onÂ FacebookÂ | Order your copy ofÂ The Smart Motherâ€™s Guide to a Better Pregnancy: How to Minimize Risks, Avoid Complications, and Have a Healthy BabyÂ | Dr. Linda is a board certified Ob/Gyn and an expert in the area of pre-eclampsia and high-risk pregnancies.Â Contact Dr. LindaÂ about an appearance at your next event or media placement opportunities.
Copyright thesmartmothersguide.com. Duplicating this content in entirety without written permission is expressly forbidden.